SDA Explained
  • What is Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)

    SDA refers to accommodation for people who require specialist housing solutions, including to assist with the delivery of supports that cater for their “extreme functional impairment” or “very high support needs”. 

  • Are you Australia wide?

    Yes, we can find suitable locations Australia wide and facilitate the construction of the home of your dreams.

  • Are you just a builder like the rest of them?

    No. Unlike most of the other Specialist Disability Accommodation providers we are not builders looking to build more homes. Our Team have a unique skill set. We have extensive experience in the disability care industry, the commercial and residential property sector and the development of disability accommodation. We are perfectly placed to understand and look after the best interests of you or your loved one and facilitate and help deliver you an amazing home within a supportive community. 

  • Are you part of any other organisation?

    No. We are our own organisation, however we have a very strong relationship with SACARE. SACARE is South Australia’s leading disability care agency established over 20 years ago and is a proud family run business. SACARE provides a range of services from recreational care to complex rehabilitation. So we can draw upon the large skill base and that relationship to offer services that other Specialist Disability Accommodation providers can not. We can assist in providing access to suitable carers, occupational therapists, nurses and many other allied health assistance. We really do understand your individual needs.

  • Can I move in with a friend?

    If you have a friend or friends that have SDA in their plan we can facilitate a range of housing styles, including large homes suitable for shared occupancy or groups of homes. We strongly believe that a strong social network is so important for living a happy and fulfilling life and we encourage a strong level of sociability within out communities.

  • How do I pay for my new home?

    If you have Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) in you plan the payment will be sufficient to pay for the majority of you rent. The balance is paid for by a maximum of 25% of your fortnightly pension payment and 100% of your Commonwealth Rental Assistance. The SDA offers a great opportunity for you or your loved one to live in functional and modern accommodation within a supportive community with very limited out of pocket cost. 

  • How long is my lease?

    Your lease is for recurring 1 year periods. As long as you are happy, we are happy!

  • How long will it take to build my new home?

    If suitable housing is already available or under construction the process can be quite quick. However if there is not suitable accommodation available in your preferred location the design and construction process can take up to 15 months. We welcome and encourage your input during the design phase to ensure you are delivered what you want. 

  • If I have SDA in my plan what do I have to do now to get an amazing home?

    Contact us and we will be in contact straight away!

  • What if I don't have SDA in my plan?

    There is a process that you will need to go through to discover if SDA is available to you under the NDIS. Firstly you will need to change one of your NDIS plan goals ‘to explore your housing options’. You will then be given an amount of money from the NDIS that you will need to use to assess your needs and see if you qualify for an SDA. For further detail please CONTACT US. We can assist you in this process or refer you to another organisation that can also provide assistance.

  • About the NDIS

    For further information please refer to